April 18, 2009

I'm Here!

Two weeks early!! 
7lb 13oz. 20 inches long 
April 18th, 2009 7:49 AM

SAVANNAH came just in time for Daddy to cut the umbilical chord, run out the door and take his Ophthalmology board exam.  We started at 2:49 AM with my water breaking.  We arrived at the Hospital at 5:30 AM(ish), and encountered "Nurse Ratchet".  While putting my IV, she curtly told me: "I don't trust a pregnant woman farther than I could throw this building" and promptly proceeded to let me know all the rules of "her" hospital.  Luckily, there was a shift change at 7AM. I was happy to have natural  labor as I planned, I thought I might have to have more intervention with an injured tail bone, two hernias and a sore pubic symphysis (sp?).  Thank goodness for priesthood blessings and such a supportive husband to "coach" me through labor!!  I couldn't have done it without him.  We also were so grateful to have our Doctor there for transition and pushing.  He was awesome, especially when he saw that I needed to refocus and get a hold of myself!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment