March 04, 2011
May 19, 2010
December 24, 2009
· 1/4 pound ham
· 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed or (I use fresh)
· 1/2 (8 ounce) container sour cream
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1/2 onion, finely diced
· 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely diced
· 1/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
· 1/4 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
· 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
· 4 eggs
· 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
· 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place ham in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside. Cook spinach according to package instructions. Allow to cool, then squeeze dry. (I chopped up fresh spinach and sautéed it at the end with the veggies, it seems easier, better??)
2. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions until soft and translucent. Stir in mushrooms, and cook for 2 minutes, or until soft. Stir in ham. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, combine spinach, sour cream, salt and pepper. Divide, and spread into pie crusts. Layer with ham mixture. Mix together Monterey Jack, Cheddar and Parmesan, and sprinkle over pies. Whisk together eggs, half-and-half and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and pour over pies.
Place pies on baking sheet (it makes two), and bake on middle shelf in preheated oven for 40 minutes. The top will be puffed and golden brown. If you shake it, the middle shouldn't move. Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.