December 14, 2009

Today, I read Morgan and Emma a story from the "Friend" magazine, which is put out by our church. It was about a four year old boy who gave his old toys as a gift to another little boy who's family wasn't going be able to have Christmas due to finances. Afterwards we had the idea that our family could donate some of our toys too. We had a great time, and it was nice to get this done (something we needed to do for a long time).

It seems as Christmas approaches, it is a constant battle to keep the feeling of "giving" and blessing the lives of others stronger than that of "I want, I want, I want". This little activity, was something that helped our family keep perspective and I think the girls really understood the meaning as we connected it to our own lives.

The story is in the friend magazine @ friend.lds.org Click on the "Christmas Basket" story in the 2009 Christmas issue. Have Fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    Just visted your family blog. Very sweet! I'm so glad to have found you again on fb. YAY!
    So, what are you guys doing? Where are you? It looks like you're in the east somewhere. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    Anyway, your family is adorable. Gotta run, my baby just woke up from her nap.

    Nancy (Shockley)
    TheBrannonClan@hotmail.com
    www.FarmerBrannon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete